Learning & Development Director
Change Management | Team Building | Organizational Development
Global Training Professional with extensive experience developing clear strategies and heading leadership training programs for educational, commercial, service, and governmental establishments. Highly skilled at utilizing proven methodologies to significantly enhance productivity and generate motivated client teams for targeted results. Demonstrates the capacity to identify areas of operational strength and weakness and implement new/updated training programs and systems that optimize productivity and comply with existing regulations and best practices. Noted for being efficient in a myriad of fast-paced and dynamic environments, while effectively handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Self-directed professional with excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Learning Architect
- Problem Resolution
- New Talent Identification
- Relationship Management
- Project Leadership
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration
- Technology & Adoption Coaching
- Fluent in Spanish
- Advancement Initiatives
- Global Team Leadership
- Budget Management
- Training Curriculum Development
Cerner Corporation, Kansas City, MO 2011 – Present
Manager/Senior Learning Leader, 2019 – Present
- Champion the design, implementation, and adoption of learning and development strategies.
- Facilitate the long-range planning of learning and development resources and change management for a wide spectrum of domestic and global healthcare systems.
- Design, plan, implement, and evaluate innovative training delivery systems, including online, face-to-face, and blended training programs for a global audience.
Consulting Manager, 2018 – Present
- Direct the daily operations of 55 Clinical Learning Delivery Consultants, driving initiatives to further support professional development through coaching, performance review, development planning, and goal setting initiatives.
- Deliver consistent training opportunities and experience to drive the adoption of high-tech changes.
- Drive the successful delivery of client implementations, assessing resource hours and budgets to support goals.
- Formulate updated operational strategies, auditing execution to support further growth and ensure quality.
- Train, support, and manage learning adoption for teams comprised of 128 various cultures, while concurrently promoting operational diversity and respect across the work environment.
Senior Learning Designer, 2017 – Present
- Analyze learning needs to develop technology integration courses delivered online and in person that best meet the needs of the learner.
- Mobilize a team in the Middle East to construct learning and adoption frameworks that drive the transformation of the national healthcare system.
- Converted a classroom training curriculum into an online course, allowing for the expedient accreditation for 80-hours of Continuing Nurse education credits.
Certified Trainer Program Director, 2015 – Present
- Lead the global certification program for both internal associates and client informatics teams.
- Design hybrid learning systems to provide ability enhancement resources to clinical trainers and informaticists.
- Improve evaluation systems of learning solution effectiveness by integrating industry best practices.
- Develop college graduates, new hires, and industry experts to target new skills development employing a variety of methods in order to better serve multi-cultural audience training needs.
- Serve as the consultative partner to client organizations to identify and target gaps, and to deploy learning and adoption strategies promoting the use of new technology solutions and processes.
Senior Learning Consultant, 2014 – 2017
- Orchestrated the full scope of development of client learning solutions, including planning, coordination, and design.
- Directed client learning plan development sessions; identified critical core content that supported learning solution development including the formulation of instructor-led training courses, and the creation of web and computer-based training solutions.
- Served as the Learning Architect designing and delivering training to client end-users on a wide range of workflow and business enhancement solutions.
- Leading Consultant to client teams to support planning, logistics, coordination, management, and training delivery.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of all organizational solutions, best practices, and core team deliverable services; actively evaluated the effectiveness of all learning activities.
Learning Architect, 2012 – 2014
- Commanded the operations of the Learning and Adoption Services team for the creation and implementation of Qatar’s electronic health record system.
- Recruited and built a global learning and talent development team, executing training to support learning initiatives.
- Created and implemented new training delivery systems influencing adoption of new practices that directly improved operational efficiency.
Senior Learning Consultant, 2011 – 2012
- Supported learning initiatives for health care systems transforming operations to digitized practices.
- Acquired training to support the wide scope of Learning Consultant role in global environments including Consultative partnering skills for relationship management, new learning methodologies for project management and modernized interviewing, recruiting, and evaluation skills to better develop a global team.
- Gained Elite Trainer certification to deliver client-facing Influencer training internationally.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Staff Excellence Award, Tucson Unified School District
• Educational Technologist of the Year, Northern Arizona University
• Great Use of Educational Technology, National Recognition
• Samuel Larue Finley Humorous Writing Contest Winner
• Recipient of the Silver Presidential Volunteer Service Award, President Obama
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Northern Arizona University
Masters of Education - Technology Leadership